November 17, 2011

Sada Adda was a riot to shoot: Bhaumik Sampat

Bhaumik Sampat, second runner-up in India’s best cine star ki khoj, is making his film debut as one of the leads with Sadda Adda releasing on 13 January 2012.

Bhaumik, who has trained for dance under Ganesh Aacharya and has learnt acting from Kawal Sharma’s acting academy & Kishore Namit Kapoor, has done many ads and commercials for top brands like Britannia, Cadbury Éclairs, Reliance, Dabur Vatika etc. in candid conversation:


What is your character in Sadda Adda?
The film is about people coming from small towns to metropolitan in search of their dream. I am playing an architect Irfan Habib from a small town Moradabad. I come to a big city and am exposed to the life and lifestyle of glitterati. My dream is to get a girl, a high end lifestyle and loads of money with a high paying job. We all enjoyed the shoot throughout.

Tell about your journey in Acting?
I started my career in 2000 from Ad films. Initial stages I was always doing group ads because at that time I didn’t know how to become a lead. Everyone was misguiding me. I didn’t have any one from this industry to lead me in right direction. So I believed everybody. When I was in school that time I used to participate in each and every competition related to acting. And my performance was good. So I knew that I had some potential and I can explore it in films. When I got the chance for Cine star kee khoj, I kept giving auditions after auditions and eventually reached to be 2nd runner-up.

How was your experience during Cinestar Ki khoj?
2004-05 was the best time for me. Everything went off in my favor. There were so many people who had come from all over India to participate but I got a position. I also won India’s best face award. I had reached a level in life and people were recognizing me. They were even asking me for photographs and autographs. It felt so nice.

From Cine-star most of the winners have gone to the television industry? Why you chose film?
This is my personnel choice. I did get television offers but life in television is extremely demanding. You are not left with nay personal life. One lands up working even on bank holidays. And then I got the offer of Sadda Adda. It is a good film. I am neither a Khan nor a Kapoor. So for me this is a very good debut film. I have to prove myself to get bigger projects.

How did you got this project? Share something about your Debut film?
I got this film because of Ganesh Acharya ji. I will give him 100% credit for this. He had given me the introduction. But then I had to go through the regular rigmarole of auditions. I gave 4 auditions for 3 characters. It is my misfortune that he is not connected to this film on professional level.

Any funny incident during your shoot?
Shoot itself was fun but it was not funny. We were six guys and had such dhamaal time on location. Our cinematographer Harvey was a foreigner and did not know Hindi. We used to teach him wrong Hindi and he would innocently use it too. that used to be so funny.

Currently on which projects are you working?
I m waiting for other film offers to come. In the meantime I have opened my showroom Sparkling Carz where I am remodeling and customizing them. This is my passion and I am enjoying it.

If you are not in the film acting profession, then what you could have done?
I shared the dream of millions of Indians. Since childhood, I wanted to be a cricketer. I used to play at Hindu Gymkhana. Used to participate in tournaments also. But it remained only a dream.

-K Himaanshu Shukla..
Join us on Facebook

Copyright © 2011 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

1 comment:

  1. Bhaumik sampat is mine favorite among the starcast of Sadda Adda, i seen him in trailer and really what a dialogue delivery he does just so awesome.

    ReplyDelete